Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cameron Matthew Peterson

Our Sweet Cameron was born on the morning of May 9th at 9:24.  He was 6 lbs 6oz and 19 inches long.  He wasn't due for two more weeks but came at the perfect time.  His due date was the last day of Kurt's finals and we were worried he would come during an exam.  Luckily, Kurt didn't have as much studying to do that weekend so it turned out perfectly.  The delivery went very smoothly and recovery hasn't been bad either.  We feel extremely lucky to have such a sweet boy join our family.  Colby has had some mixed feelings about the whole thing.  The first few days he was mostly depressed and clung to my side.  Now he is going through a phase of acting out for attention.  He will run around the house screaming, singing, crying...you name it.  Anything to show he is upset and having a hard time.  It will be nice when Kurt is done with finals and can have a little more time to play.  For the most part Colby has been growing up very quickly the last few days.  He has learned more words since Cameron was born than the entire previous month.  He is less clingy to mom and dad and wants to do things himself.  We are proud of him and excited for him and his brother to be friends.






Colby's first reaction to the new baby.  A little unsure.

Now he loves to pet him on the back. 

I guess we already need to strap him in.  Who would have thought?






8 comments:

  1. He looks SO sweet. What a beautiful baby. I can definitely see a resemblance to Colby. I want to come hold him but I'm scared I'll get baby fever... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how sweet, congrats! Can't believe you have two already. Seems like just yesterday you guys would come upstairs at Quinn's kidless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! He's changed so much already since last week. I'm going to have to come over again and hold him... if Jackson will let me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is so adorable. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little guy! Congratulations. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those boys!! I think we are going to get tickets for August...I can't wait to see you guys there. I'm glad everything worked out so well. I love the picture of Colby patting his back. Every time Kaitlyn cries Brooke says, "Just pat her bum-bum...she loves it". Love you guys!! Oh- Dallin said that Cameron is such a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cameron is so adorable! Can't wait to see him in person. Maybe he could be a trial baby run for Michael and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete